INDEX > Information > Industry information > Three types of ore from which aluminium ingots are produced

Three types of ore from which aluminium ingots are produced

Time2021.05.29

The production of aluminum ingot is composed of a series of links, such as bauxite mining, alumina production, aluminum electrolysis, etc. The technological process is more complex. Linyi aluminum ingot manufacturers to introduce the type of aluminum ore distribution and production process.

First, the bauxite is mined, and then the aluminum ore powder is produced through the process of washing and grinding, and then the alumina is obtained through the four complex processes such as roasting. There are three main types of bauxite for the production of alumina: diaspore, diaspore, diaspore. Of the proven global bauxite reserves, 92% are weathered laterite bauxite, which belongs to the traspite type. These bauxites are characterized by low silicon, high iron, and high Al/Si ratio, and are concentrated in West Africa, Oceania, and Central and South America. The remaining 8% is sedimentary bauxite, belonging to diaspore and diaspore types, of medium and low grade, mainly distributed in Greece, former Yugoslavia and Hungary.

Due to the different characteristics of the three kinds of bauxite, different production processes have been adopted in the alumina production enterprises, including Bayer process, alkali lime sintering method and Bayer - sintering combined method. Usually, bauxite with high grade is produced by Bayer method, while bauxite with low grade is produced by combination method or sintering method. Due to its simple process and low energy consumption, the Bayer process has become the main method of application in the current alumina production, and the output accounts for about 95% of the total global alumina production.

Aluminum ore is generally divided into the above several types, the commonly used production methods and means are basically mature, so aluminum has become a huge production of metal materials.

 

CONTACT US sale hotline 86-319-15350842232
Copyright: Hebei Zhoutian Metal Material Sales Co., Ltd.
Technical Support: Xingtai Wangshang Software Development Co., Ltd.